Join us as a Volunteer for a Project Scientist Expedition!
Our popular Expedition program brings home the relevance of STEM to girls through getting a VIP behind the scenes look at companies and hearing from female STEM professionals.
Volunteers are a crucial element to our programming efforts. They are strong representatives for the Project Scientist mission and understand the importance of the relationships and mission objectives we forge with our unique STEM company hosts. Volunteers also are passionate about the mission of increasing the number of women in STEM, which is evident through their management, conversation, and engagement with the students on the Expedition.
Position: Project Scientist Volunteer
- Assist with student supervision and manage a group of up to 10 students (girls ages 4-12) and coordination as we explore and learn from exciting local STEM companies and universities.
- Collaborate and assist in the preset STEM curriculum and activities planned at our host site.
- Use Expedition Lead and PS Staff as resources for collaboration, ideas, and situations that may arise.
Location: Your selected Academy Site and STEM Expedition Host facilities.
Time Commitment: Selected Expedition dates, between 8:00am and 5:00pm
- Flexible, trustworthy, creative and positive; a leader who works well in teams, is performance-oriented, inspiring, energetic, organized, detail-oriented, communicative, fun-loving, and a good problem-solver.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment realizing that all Expedition staff and volunteers can wear many hats during their time with Project Scientist.
Support and Benefits:
- Training for this position will be provided as a one hour training webinar and required overview materials.
- The Site Directors and Expedition Leads will be available for questions and assistance during the Expedition.
- Have a STEM girl? She joins for free when you are selected as a Volunteer.
- Opportunity to become a repeat volunteer for other Expeditions, as well as Project Scientist special events.
- Complete the initial Volunteer Application Form.
- Have a background check completed prior to the Expedition.
- Attend one of our training webinars (one hour in length prior to the event) and complete necessary documentation prior to the Expedition.
A Project Scientist staff member will be in touch once submitted. If you have any questions, please reach out to Rebecca Sims, firstname.lastname@example.org.